Wednesday, January 6, 2021

life update yahoo!


         
 
hi! it's me, tiny apples! today i am going to write about a life update.  let's get started!  yahoo!

COVID-19 sucks, but i'm not going to let it stop me from enjoying my daily life and doing projects.  i'll do anything i can to get creative during the quarantine period! also, i wear a mask wherever i go!!!! (a lot of people also forget to wear mask over your NOSE!!! i always remember to do that as best i can. if the mask isn't covering your nose, it won't keep you safe properly.)
 
currently, i have been working on a project where i think of ideas for cute clothing and plushies. i also try to sew, and draw product ideas. currently, i've been doing all of my illustrations/drawings/comics on my ipad. as well as animations, if i have the energy to work on them. :-) the ipad is working pretty well...!



i have thought maybe my style (for art, clothing/fashion style, general style) is like a mix of bright color aesthetics (kidcore, rainbowcore, etc) (although i don't really like kidcore all that much/not a big fan of the term sometimes because of the general stigma of the community, not saying it's bad, but it can be a little........cringey....sometimes...sorry.....i hope i don't upset you if i say that....by cringey i mean, it's-- not much about art or aesthetics as a whole in my view, it's very...ugh idk. i feel weird about saying "kidcore", yet i also don't mind it as well...so it's weird.) + with soft aesthetics (pastel, kawaii, etc) (i love cute things!) with certain motifs, and frogs are definitely my spirit animal at this point.  geez, frogs are so cute. i love frogs so much!!! FROGS!!!
 

 (tbh i have NO IDEA how to define kidcore haha. also i don't know why somewhere inside me it feels like a weird thing to say........i guess i'm just anxious about it even though i generally like the aesthetic.)
(in my view, the better term for bright colored fashion would be "decora-kei". decora is much more easier for me to say.) (and YES, i love Japanese fashion!!! especially decora!! ahaha...)

so, recently, i've been thinking a lot about how to make my clothes more colorful, and i feel like i should start a "capsule wardrobe" but with things i really like, clothes that genuinely make me feel good and that i like.  i would be really interested in sewing some of my own clothes.  when i figure out how to do that properly, i'll let you know! i'm currently doing a lot of research on clothing design, patterns, how to sew, sewing machine, etc.

also, i've been playing an insane amount of animal crossing. :^)



i have made (on my switch lite) a soul eater themed island, which i plan on sharing soon! i am currently making a video about it.
 
(Kiddo!!!!! love my boy)


also, besides bright colors, soul eater and obviously death the kid will be added when i make clothing, as well as plushies and other sewing projects. my general aesthetic will include my favorite things, and i really like soul eater. so yea!

also i drew a lot of drawings this week!
here are some examples of things i was working on!


thanks for reading this short update!!!!!!! 

goodbye!!!!! :^)









No comments:

Hiiiii :)

Hi! Wanted to share some new art with you. I’ve been very busy. ;) (This one has so many details but they’re tiny, so you’d have to zoom in)...