Friday, August 2, 2024

idk . I want to find the fun in making art again-


Hi. This is a bit of a rant  post or feelings post, whatever you may call it

 I’ve given it some thought and I don’t like using instagram. 


For me art is about the fun of doing it, not the possibility of people asking for favors, asking for free requests (which is a problem on its own), looking at your art, finding your art and sending whatever comments (positive or negative). Art to me is the enjoyment of doing the art and feeling comfortable with your hands, exploring your ideas, and feeling love and passion for actually doing it. The act of doing art alone is enough. So why I use instagram or try to at least, I don’t know. I feel pressured. Social media is pressuring. Making people feel like they NEED to get attention. To be heard. To share. Why can’t you share your art with  your friends? Why do you NEED an audience? Can’t having some close art friends be enough?


Anyway, I’m not going to pressure myself to conform to this and use instagram when I often feel depressed or shitty. I need to take better care of my mental health. I haven’t updated my instagram in a long time, and you know what? I’m okay with that.  It’s not like anybody asked. I can take a break if I need to. 


I need to appreciate the fact that I am struggling and I have a lot of stress from other things. Past thoughts and conflicts, overthinking the bad experiences in the past. Remembering my shitty high school experience even though it’s already been more than 10 years. recalling being insulted, being sexually assaulted and being made fun of and laughed at. It all burns my brain. I need to realize I am a person first. I’m trying to accept even though i’m an artist, that’s not all I am. People are PEOPLE. If you’re an artist, you have to try to separate yourself from your art. You have reasons why you feel certain things, draw or tell certain stories. So just because you are an artist, you have to remember you still have a body  


Ok this was a rant post. I’m sorry if it was a bit personal. I have a lot more I’d like to express, but I’ll save it for another time. This blog serves me well. Journaling is healthy and important . Thanks for reading. I may make more interesting posts but for now I just needed to express this. Feelings I have that I don’t talk about much, still need to be written on occasion.   Thanks for understanding :,)



I hope you remember regardless of your art, if you are a beginner, if you are a seasoned artist, if you draw one thing more than the other, if you struggle with a certain skill in art, if you’re getting better, if you’re confident, if you like colors or not, if you draw a lot or just sometimes, whatever at all, no matter what type of artist you are— you are a person who matters. Don’t forget to take care of yourself. 

❤️❤️❤️

Tiny apples 


No comments:

Post a Comment

all my current comics to date :-)

 i am applying for shortbox comics online comics fair. here is my application. if you don't know what shortbox is, i highly recommend yo...