Sunday, June 26, 2022

new drawings and stuff yee

Hiya! New drawings :-)



I’m trying to start a small book or zine  for kids bc I’m working at the children’s museum of the east end. I was thinking which characters I have that are more “kid-friendly” because a lot of my characters and stories are much more for adults. I wouldn’t even consider them for young adults. A lot of the characters I have, in the stories, do stuff intimate stuff, intimate sexual sort of scenes, and there is a theme of mental illness in a lot of my stories that I don’t think kids would understand or be comfortable with.  

But I thought of a couple of options-
1. Host (a character I sometimes imitate, i think she pretty much represents my adhd because she’s very silly and hyper)
(I would have to keep Host extremely clean, like when I was a kid myself…) 
2. Tammy - cat’s life

Tammy cat’s life is a recent story I made about a girl who loves cats, but she gets turned into a cat one day after a dream she has where she’s a cat. She wakes up as an actual feline animal. Her family has a dog and a cat, and they are confused because an extra cat has appeared and they can’t find Tammy anywhere. They’re super worried, but they see the new strange cat being very friendly with the pet dog and cat and are confused and shocked. They come to the conclusion that it just might be Tammy but  are hesitant to believe this, thinking it is crazy, and disbelief in magic.  Tammy eventually asks the dog and the cat for help to help her turn back into a human, so she can reassure her family that everything is all right. 

Now, the beginning of it was slightly more “adult” when I planned it out…
I made a list of the family including Tammy’s character profile, the neighbors (the neighbors I haven’t drawn or planned yet actually but I was going to add them in the story as secondary characters), and the other animals present in the story. 








Here in my notebook I’m currently using as a sketchbook I’ve drawn some example pages that emulate more of a children's book. What I’m unsure about is how the story might progress and end in such a way that doesn’t confuse or scare kids but still keep them engaged in some way. I want it to be a positive story for kids, not a story that will teach them some morals or ideas or anything. It’s just supposed to be a fun easygoing story for them to help them imagine. 

This is what I have so far for it!





Okay, yea. So it’s definitely in progress and these are just small sketches to plan it out!

But yea that’s the update on drawing, hopefully I can update this blog with new sewing stuff very soon. I’m starting a new plush project while continuing to finish old plushies I’ve started, so yea!

thanks for reading! 
Tiny Apples 🐶🍎🐾


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiiiii :)

Hi! Wanted to share some new art with you. I’ve been very busy. ;) (This one has so many details but they’re tiny, so you’d have to zoom in)...